Registration for the 2017 NAIS SLTE will open in January. Please check back here at a later date for more information.
2017 NAIS School Leadership Team Experience (SLTE)
July 31 - August 2
The William F. Bolger Center
Teams of 3-5 school leaders, including head of school. Teams can be composed of any level or type of school leader including, but not limited to, directors of admissions, assistant heads, business officers, deans, communications and marketing directors, development directors, division heads, and more.
About the Institute
Take your team beyond yearly evaluations and tedious meetings to get to the core of what makes successful school leadership work. New in 2016, NAIS, in partnership with the Division of Education Leadership at George Mason University (GMU), will host the School Leadership Team Experience (SLTE), a special three-day learning experience for independent school leaders this summer. The institute will bring together school teams of 3-5 individuals who hold leadership positions in your school, including the head of school, to focus on collaboration and building leadership capacity to support school improvement. Consult with educational leadership experts as you work through the real and specific challenges and opportunities facing your school.
Some examples of school teams that will benefit from this intensive, residential course include teams:
- who want to streamline communication and learn processes associated with problem identification, root cause analysis, and research-based solution design;
- with multiple new hires or new leadership; and
- who are facing complex and challenging school issues such as enrollment management, affordability, demographic changes, distinguishing yourself in the market place, and more.
At the end of the experience, the school leadership teams will be placed into larger Network Improvement Teams, based on similar challenges. These facilitated communities will collaborate throughout the school year on designing a feasible action plan for their school sites, with structured support from both GMU’s Education Leadership faculty and NAIS staff. The Network Communities will then meet together at the 2017 NAIS Annual Conference to share their progress and finalize their action plans during a special workshop session.
Space is limited as the maximum number of participants are capped at around 50, so be sure to register early.
Type of Registration
Early Bird Pricing
(register by 3/31/2017)
Accommodations and all meals at the Bolger Center are included. Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Bolger Center.
2017 NAIS SLTE Faculty
- Anne Marie Balzano, assistant professor and academic coordinator of Education Leadership Program, George Mason University
- Scott Bauer, professor and division director of Education Leadership, George Mason University
- Donna Orem, president, NAIS
- Jay Rapp, vice president for professional development, NAIS
Schedule and Agenda
Please note: From beginning to end, all parts of this program work together to build on one another and missing any portion would not provide the intended experience. Therefore, participants are highly discouraged from arriving late or leaving early. If you find that this is unavoidable please contact Jay Rapp at email@example.com.
Pre-Work Prior to Conference
- Call with GMU faculty facilitator (20-30 minutes)
- Advance reading of relevant research articles
- Review of school data files (provided by NAIS)
- Informal analysis of strategic objectives and vision
- Team Assessment
- Post-institute virtual meetings prior to the 2017 NAIS Annual Conference.
Please send institute registration cancellations via email to NAIS at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2017, to receive a refund minus a $75 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after that date.
Please contact email@example.com or (202) 973-9762 if you have any questions.