In June 2019, NAIS Board approved new Vision, Mission, and Value statements that will guide the work we do in partnership with you, our members.
All learners find pathways to success through the independence, innovation, and diversity of our schools, creating a more equitable world.
As the largest association of independent schools, NAIS co-creates the future of education by uniting and empowering our community. We do this through thought leadership, research, creation and curation of resources, and direct collaboration with education leaders.
- Thinking independently: We believe in independence and its power to inspire excellence.
- Leading change: We imagine possibilities and innovate to strengthen the education landscape.
- Embracing diversity: We welcome and encourage diverse identities and perspectives.
- Championing inclusivity: We affirm the rights of every individual to belong and flourish.
- Empowering community: We address complex issues through collaboration and advocacy.
Click here for a printable PDF of the NAIS Vision, Mission, and Values.
All participants are welcome to participate in NAIS programs. NAIS has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, NAIS does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, nation of origin, gender, or any other characteristic.