The specific goals of AIM are to:
- Determine progress in meeting diversity and multiculturalism goals;
- Assess current diversity and multicultural initiatives;
- Encourage participation of all school affiliation and affinity groups in assessing the school’s current level of inclusivity;
- Provide affirmation of a school’s progress in diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusiveness;
- Provide for meaningful dialogue on building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive school community;
- Provide benchmarking opportunities; and
- Allow for a community-building process/experience.