New! The 2020 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute has been reimagined to take place online. We are excited to bring you this transformative event in a virtual space
Registration for the 2020 NAIS Online Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) is now closed.
2020 NAIS Online Diversity Leadership Institute: A Virtual Leadership Journey
June 22 - 27, 2020
As educators, our ultimate goal is to create a nurturing, inclusive school community where all students can thrive. The Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) provides you with tools to lead and manage the shifting intercultural changes in your school. Led by seasoned faculty, you’ll explore best practices, share challenges and triumphs, and form lasting bonds with other participants.
2020 NAIS Online DLI : A Virtual Leadership Journey, will be held on the originally scheduled dates of June 22–27. Our new virtual format will bring DLI’s state-of-the-art content, networking opportunities, and community energy to an inspired and engaging online space. A new component of this program will be “Connect for Success,” a recurring mastermind group where participants can brainstorm and practice challenges, sharpen diversity leadership skills, share knowledge and expertise, and build peer accountability for achieving their goals.
Follow along and be part of the DLI conversation on Twitter with #NAISDLI.
Independent school leaders — from the faculty, staff, and administration — who have direct responsibility for their community’s diversity initiatives or who support these programs.
The DLI curriculum addresses the many dimensions of diversity to help you develop mindful initiatives and enhance ongoing efforts that support your institution’s mission and commitment to continuous improvement. By examining and applying sound theory, best practices, and creative approaches to human interaction and organizational dynamics, institute participants enhance professional competencies, build credibility, foster innovation, and plan strategically for building and sustaining school communities that maximize the potential of students and adults alike.
DLI focuses on the following topics:
- Intercultural Conflict;
- Leading and Managing Diversity Initiatives;
- Dynamics of Privilege and Power;
- Cultural Competence;
- The Neuroscience of Bias; and
- Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Identity Development.
The 2020 DLI Schedule can be found here
Registration for this event is now closed.
The registration fees for 2020 NAIS Online DLI are listed below. To increase access to this program and support NAIS member schools during uncertain times, these fees reflect an additional automatic 20% reduction in price for NAIS members this year.
|Member price for 2020 NAIS Online DLI with additional 20% member discount
|Nonmember price for 2020 NAIS Online DLI
- Karen Bradberry, director of equity and inclusivity, Greenhill School (TX)
- Allen Broyles, assistant head of school, The Children's School (GA)
- Sandra "Chap" Chapman, director of diversity and community, LREI (NY)
- Nicole DuFauchard, head of school, The Advent School (MA)
- Johnnie Foreman, director of diversity, Gilman School (MD)
- Rosetta Lee, science teacher, diversity trainer & consultant, Seattle Girls' School (WA)
- Christel McGuigan, high school assistant principal, Mid-Pacific Institute (HI)
- Steven Tejada, head of Upper School, Maret School (DC)
- Billy Vargas, director of diversity, equity and community, Norwood School (MD)
- James Calleroz White, head of school, The Galloway School (GA)
DLI registrants may cancel at any point up until June 12 and receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued after that date. Please send institute registration cancellations via email to NAIS at email@example.com