Registration for the 2020 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) will open in February 2020.
2020 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute
June 21 - 27, 2020
Episcopal High School
Registration takes place from 10 a.m. to noon on Sunday, June 21. DLI ends at 9 p.m. on Friday, June 26. Participants will stay the night of June 26, and check out Saturday, June 27. Please schedule travel accordingly.
As educators, our ultimate goal is to create a nurturing, inclusive school community where all students can thrive. The Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) is an intensive residential program that provides you with tools to lead and manage the shifting intercultural changes in your own school. Led by seasoned faculty, you’ll explore best practices, share challenges and triumphs, and form lasting bonds with other participants.
Follow along and be part of the DLI conversation on Twitter with #NAISDLI.
Independent school leaders — from the faculty, staff, and administration — who have direct responsibility for their community’s diversity initiatives or who support these programs.
The DLI curriculum addresses the many dimensions of diversity to help you develop mindful initiatives and enhance ongoing efforts that support your institution’s mission and commitment to continuous improvement. By examining and applying sound theory, best practices, and creative approaches to human interaction and organizational dynamics, institute participants enhance professional competencies, build credibility, foster innovation, and plan strategically for building and sustaining school communities that maximize the potential of students and adults alike.
DLI focuses on the following topics:
- Intercultural Conflict;
- Leading and Managing Diversity Initiatives;
- Dynamics of Privilege and Power;
- Cultural Competence;
- The Neuroscience of Bias; and
- Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Identity Development.
2020 Registration Information
All meals and single dormitory accommodations at Episcopal High School are provided with your DLI registration.
The 2020 DLI Agenda will be released in Spring 2020. For reference, find the 2017 DLI Agenda below.
DLI 2017 Schedule
: From beginning to end, all parts of this program work together to build on one another and missing any portion would not provide the intended experience. Therefore, participants are highly discouraged from arriving late or leaving early. If you find that this is unavoidable please contact us at email@example.com.
- Karen Bradberry, director of equity and inclusivity, Greenhill School (TX)
- Allen Broyles, assistant head of school, The Children's School (GA)
- Sandra "Chap" Chapman, director of diversity and community, LREI (NY)
- Nicole DuFauchard, head of school, The Advent School (MA)
- Johnnie Foreman, director of diversity, Gilman School (MD)
- Rosetta Lee, science teacher, diversity trainer & consultant, Seattle Girls' School (WA)
- Christel McGuigan, high school assistant principal, Mid-Pacific Institute (HI)
- Steven Tejada, director of Upper School, Maret School (DC)
- Billy Vargas, director of diversity, equity and community, Norwood School (MD)
- James Calleroz White, head of school, The Galloway School (GA)
Please send institute registration cancellations in writing via email to NAIS at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21, 2020, to receive a refund minus a $75 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after that date.