Comparing your school's figures to other schools' information can help you set goals, assess your progress, and make data-driven decisions.
DASL is an online tool independent schools can use to find actionable data related to all aspects of their school operations, including admission, enrollment, salaries, and more. A collaboration of more than 30 associations, DASL is the independent school community's repository of clean, comprehensive, usable data.
In DASL, you can run benchmarking reports to compare your schools' figures to national or regional figures, or to the customized comparison group of schools that you choose.
The survey is conducted to collect key comprehensive independent school data on a variety of topics. Because this is a collaborative effort, it will reflect standard definitions shared by all DASL associations and collect data for participating associations in one place.
What this collaboration means:
- Fewer surveys. When you put your data in DASL, it will go to many of the organizations to which your school belongs.
- Shorter surveys. Based on characteristics you provide, your school will see only the questions relevant to you. For example, girls’ schools will not be asked for boys’ enrollment.
- More choices. This year, you will have the option of downloading an Excel template into which you can enter your data, then upload the file to DASL, confirm your data populated correctly, and finalize your entry.
- Faster system. DASL is on the cloud, with state-of-the art security and speed.
How to get started:
- Go to http://dasl.nais.org and log in.
- Download the Data Entry Guide here or on the DASL homepage.
- Follow the steps outlined in the guide to organize and complete data entry for your school. This includes information on how to confirm your school’s affiliation with various associations. This is a critical step to ensure you see the correct questions when you start entering data.
- We have improved support this year, including help tips in the system, weekly webinars, and more staff available to answer your calls and emails.
Select from over 40 charts that automatically show your data. Simply select the year(s) and comparison group(s) that you want the chart to display. Share your collection of dashboard charts with school colleagues, export them to Excel, or print them for your board.
NAIS member schools can filter the statistical tables in DASL to generate detailed national, regional, or local summaries of statistics in all the key areas of school operations.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.