SLI brings together individuals who lead in some capacity at their schools, most often in formal administrative roles within the instructional program (department chairs, grade-level leaders, deans, etc.) and the full spectrum of functional domains (admissions, advancement, DEIJB, communications, etc). This program is particularly helpful if you are new to managing people, new to your position, or in need of the opportunity to re-examine your leadership practice and impact.
- Leadership best practices for all levels of leaders
- A full 360-degree review from your colleagues, supervisors, and direct reports on your personal strengths and areas for growth as a leader
- Small-group processing around personal and professional celebrations and challenges
- Tools, activities, and language you can take back to your team at school and immediately apply as you seek to intentionally grow as a leader
Registration for the 2023 NAIS School Leadership Institute is now open.
Registration pricing includes three full days of programming with expert facilitators, a full 360-degree assessment, housing, meals, and refreshments. Accommodations are at The National Conference Center, Leesburg, VA, checking in on July 25 and checking out on July 28. All rooms are single occupancy.
||Early Bird Pricing
*Contact us for more information about the benefits of NAIS membership, including discounted event pricing.
The 2023 NAIS School Leadership Institute is a residential program. Please plan to arrive on the morning of July 25 and depart the afternoon of July 28, as the program begins with lunch at noon on July 25 and ends at noon on July 28. Please plan to stay for the entirety of the program, and please email us if you think you would not be able to fully participate in the residential program, including spending the night at The National Conference Center.
A more detailed agenda is forthcoming.
2023 Faculty and Facilitators
- Chia-Chee Chiu, head of middle school, St. John’s School (TX)
- Courtney Martin, associate head of school, Collegiate School (VA)
- Stacia McFadden, chief information officer, The Lovett School (GA)
- Jason Novak, head of lower school, Brooklyn Friends School (NY)
- Rob Scotlan, upper schools assistant director of student life, Annie Wright Schools (WA)
- Tom Taylor, head of upper school, Riverdale Country School (NY)
- The NAIS Leadership and Governance Team (Morva McDonald, Emilia Ayon, and Patrick Schuermann)
Cancellations must be received in writing at this email: [email protected]. Cancellations received up to 30 days (June 25) prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded, less a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the program will not be refunded.
Please contact [email protected] or (202) 973-9700 if you have any questions.