Registration for the 2022 NAIS Institute for New Heads (INH) is now closed.
The NAIS Institute for New Heads returns in person in 2022! Our expanded program will bring you the knowledge of seasoned heads, the understanding and support of fellow heads, and the tools to thrive as a leader. Click here to learn about COVID-19 safety protocols for NAIS events.
July 11-16, 2022
Emory Conference Center, Atlanta, GA
Followed by online programming through July 2023
NAIS’s premier program for incoming and second-year heads of school has grown to include expanded small-group time, continued learning and practice with experts and mentors, and useful tools and data to make your day-to-day worklife easier. These extended benefits are included in your registration fee. You get them in addition to our signature weeklong curriculum, which provides expert guidance around key issues and a network of peers and advisers to sustain you throughout your career.
Participation in the NAIS Institute for New Heads (INH) will include:
- Guidance from expert speakers and experienced heads around critical issues such as governance, finance, leading faculty and staff, and enrollment management
- A cohort model of peers who will provide a safe space to work on the challenges of leading a school through your first year and beyond
- Resources such as planning documents, data tools, and case studies that will help you guide your board and staff through difficult decisions
- The in-person weeklong summer event, which will be structured around interactive large- and small-group sessions and daily processing with experts, mentors, and other new heads
- Continued support through July 2023
INH is designed for individuals who are about to start, or have just completed, their first or second year as head of school.
Led by an esteemed faculty, INH will focus on the following key topics:
- Leading through a crisis
- Internal and external communications
- Working with your board and board chair
- Building and managing your teams
- Financial planning and sustainability
- Enrollment management
- Legal support
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Thank you to our 2022 INH sponsors!
Registration for 2022 NAIS Institute for New Heads is closed. Registration prices include a room and board and all meals. Programming includes one weeklong, in-person program and continuing online education and services through July 2023.
||Early Bird Pricing
*Contact us for more information about the benefits of NAIS membership, including discounted event pricing.
Please plan to arrive before the afternoon of Monday, July 11, and depart the morning of Sunday, July 17. A more detailed schedule is forthcoming.
- Karen Eshoo, head of school, Mid-Peninsula High School (CA)
- Ed Kim, head of school, St. Matthew's Parish School (CA)
- Brenda Leaks, head of school, Seattle Girls' School (WA)
- Jason Patera, head of school, Chicago Academy for the Arts (IL)
- Melissa Soderberg, head of school, Columbus Academy (OH)
- Michael Gary, head of school, Friends Select (PA)
- Laura Danforth, head of school, The Masters School (NY)
Cancellations must be received in writing at this email address: institut[email protected]
. Cancellations received up to 30 days (June 10) prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded, less a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the program will not be refunded.